What is Offset Printing and Why Do You Need It?
What is Offset Printing?
Offset printing also known as offset lithography, a easiest process of large amounts of standardized products printing in which the images transferred on metal plates to rubber blankets or rollers and then to the print media. It is one of the most popular and commonly used printing process today. The core benefits of this is its high and consistent image quality. This process can be used for small to large size jobs.
In other way you can say offset printing is what makes newspapers, brochures, catalogs, books, magazines and other things which are reasonable for buying. In these days this business accounts for more than 30% of all the printing done in India. Because of its reliability, speed, remarkable quality and affordable pricing hold it in unique place.
Types of Offset Presses
There are two type of Offset presses:-
1. Sheet-fed Offset Printing Press : Its mostly used for printing of short run magazines, letter pads, brochures, and general commercial printing. In this kind of offset press the printing is carried out on individual sheets of paper as they are fed to the press once at a time.
2. Web-fed Offset Printing Press: Its commonly used in web printing including newspaper, direct mail, books and catalogs. In this kind of offset press the printing is carried out on individual continuous sheet of paper fed from a large roll and then cut into single sheets of chosen sizes.
Why do you need offset printing?
This offers well organized and superior printing process with high quality images. It is measured the widely used and practical printing method ever developed and regularly used for commercial prints. This exploits commercial printers to meet the value of desired prints.
This is widely used when need of high volume of quality prints in a short span of time. This particular printing method used widely for business, marketable and personal printing. This helps to print quality and high resolution business cards, calendar, magazines, brochures, poster, catalogs and newspaper among the mass of products and services.
Some Advantage of Using this:
- Provides High-Resolution image printing with quality and image details
- Works on a wide range of printing surfaces including wood, cloth, paper, metal, leather, rough paper and plastic.
- Low cost with the high quality of prints in short span of time.
- Most of modern offset presses use computer to plate systems as opposed to the older computer to film work flows to increase more quality.
Contact Leo Designs & Packaging for your offset printing requirements.
Follow Leo Designs on Linkedin